Have you ever sat down in front of your computer with the intent to write, but ended up staring blankly onto the screen?
In writing, just like any other skill or activity, starting is always the most difficult part. Putting words together to make spin titles with fabulous content is not as easy as a walk in the park. Not to mention competing with 130 trillion known web pages all over the internet, creating a blog demands a huge investment of your time and effort.
But, don’t get discouraged!
Once you find content ideas that will suit your interests and style of writing, rewards will definitely follow. Besides, if you love what you’re writing about, it’ll come out great.
So. what are some content ideas for your high quality blog?
1. Fun Blog Post Ideas
- Recent travel experience or best travel experience
- Something uniquely funny that you’ve seen or experienced
- Start a challenge that your readers/viewers can participate in
- What are your hobbies?
- Announce a contest
- Share a recipe of your own, or that has been handed down to you
- Books you want to become films
- Share a list of your favorite movies or your current binge-watch list
- Create a food blog on your favorite restaurants, meals, cafes and etc.
- Dream vacation destination
- Give a rant about something!
- Truth VS Lie post
2. Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- What’s in your bag?
- Your top reads
- Share your music playlist on repeat
- A day in your life — your daily routine!
- Do you have a makeup or skin care routine?
- Your favorite beauty products
- How to stay beautiful on a budget
- List of things you can’t live without
- Do you listen to podcasts?
- How do you stay fit and healthy?
- Healthy replacements for unhealthy foods
- How do you spend your weekend?
- A failed cooking experience
- Toughest part of being a ___________ (your job title)
3. Personal Blog Post Ideas
- Do you have a success story to share?
- Your life’s motto
- How do you show you love yourself?
- Glimpse into your life
- Something no one knows about you
- Your love story or heartbreak
- A letter to your younger self
- Adventures you would like to try someday
- What’s your most embarrassing story?
- Do you have any epic failures?
- Share an inspirational story
- Your traditions
- How do you spend a day off?
- What scares you the most?
- Favorite childhood memory
- Your idea of a perfect day
- What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned?
- What’s on your bookshelf?
- People who inspire you and why
- Your favorite blogs
4. Productivity or Useful Blog Post Ideas
- Time management tips
- Useful apps you use for productivity
- How do you maintain a study-life or work-life balance?
- Note-taking tips (handwritten or digital)
- Effective writing tips
- How do you stay productive?
- What do you want to improve on?
- How do you schedule your work week?
- What would you love to learn how to do?
- A new skill you’ve learned
- What is the road to success for you?
- How do you keep up with deadlines?
- Share your list of life hacks
5. Timely or Controversial Blog Post Ideas
- Write about a trend
- Any controversial issue you’ve come across recently
- Anything that has been recently released that you want to give a review
- Holidays coming up that you want to talk about
- Your view on politics and the government
- Have you attended a recent conference or seminar?
- Any recent news that you feel deserves a larger audience and a longer response
6. Goals and Wishes Blog Post Ideas
- Reading list for the year
- “Try something new” post
- Your plans to achieve your current goals
- What are your current goals.
- What is your bucket list?
- Things you’re not going to do this month/year
- Things you wish to do this month/year
7. General Blog Post Ideas
- Top things you wish you’d known before you started blogging
- Write a review
- An open letter
- Your writing place
- Why did you start blogging?
- How do you develop your blogging ideas?
- A-Z Post
- Your writer’s guidelines
- Create “A List of” post
- Something that you’ve never written before
- Write a post on your favorite blog posts
- 100 things
8. Photography Blog Post Ideas
- Go somewhere new and snap!
- A recent vacation
- Show off your photography gears
- Share photos from an event
- Your photography techniques
- A beginner’s guide to photography
- Share your best lighting techniques and tips
- An interview with a fellow photographer
9. Blog Post Ideas for Authors
- A free chapter giveaway!
- Writing tips
- How to promote a book
- How to get an agent
- Walk through your writing process
- Your routine on writing
- Do you write on a schedule or in bursts?
- Host a writer’s group!
When writing a blog, don’t think about competing with others. Most aspiring writers tend to get discouraged over contending with professionals. Instead of focusing your energy on that, let your writing be your central focus, pour out your heart into words and allow your interest to flow freely. Write without reservations and don’t limit yourself. Only then you’ll attract readers and engage them into reading your blog.
Creating a blog post may not be easy. But as Mark Twain once said,
A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
Don’t let fear stop you, and let regret eat you up with bearing the agony of an untold story. Just let go, and let the words flow.